Make Everyday Remarkable
By creating new memories together, we experience close connections that feel like family. Our care team create captivating activities and celebrate milestones that solidify new friendships and spark the imagination. Each day is filled with inspiration with a unique story to share. A long life to celebrate. A new chapter to enjoy.
Be a part of the joy, love, and laughter that is at the heart of our communities.
The 4 Keys to Successful Aging
At the core of our care philosophy are the 4 Keys to Successful Aging based on over a decade of research from the MacArthur Foundation.
While simple in concept, this important research shows that these 4 Keys to Successful Aging are critical to the health and well being of seniors as they age. As an organization that values quality research from the medical community, we’ve embraced the 4 Keys to Successful Aging as a framework in which to keep our residents thriving and happy.
- Remain physically active
- Incorporate mental stimulation into your daily life
- Maintain a good social network with emotional support
- Include a sense of purpose in life
The wide variety of fun and purposeful activities we provide for our residents are planned based on their support of these 4 key areas. The following are some examples of these activities.
Remain Physically Active
- ✓ Daily walks
- ✓ Gardening
- ✓ Dance classes
- ✓ Exercise classes
- ✓ Senior yoga
- ✓ 1-on-1 exercise sessions with our certified personal trainer
Incorporate Mental Stimulation
- ✓ Art classes
- ✓ Cooking classes
- ✓ Trivia games
- ✓ Bingo
- ✓ Casino night
- ✓ Puzzles & board games
- ✓ Card games
- ✓ Online brain games
Maintain a Good Social Network with Emotional Support
- ✓ Simple one-touch technology that connects residents to family and friends via video chat (iN2L system)
- ✓ The ability for family members to easily upload family photos and videos via facebook or manual upload
- ✓ Escorted trips to visit family outside the home
- ✓ Opportunities for intergenerational friendship development
Strengthen Your Sense of Purpose in Life
- ✓ Bible study and worship services available
- ✓ Legacy Book – An opportunity for our staff to capture the resident’s life story or favorite memories and preserve them into a permanent high quality hardcover book for the family. ( This is a research backed activity that fosters purpose and provides fulfillment for both the resident and family members.)
- ✓ Opportunities to give back through mentoring or volunteering with local charities who come to the home.
- ✓ Hometown Research – Our team can provide regular information about your loved one’s hometown or area in which they grew up.
- ✓ Genealogy – Assistance with genealogy research to discover your loved one’s heritage
- ✓ Hobbies – Opportunities and resources to pursue areas of interest to our residents
- ✓ Continued learning – Access to books or customized videos based on subjects of interest.